Friday, February 19, 2010

For My Posterity

Warning: this post is all about my kids.  Actually, this whole blog is for them...like a journal for when they are older, I want them to know some of the funny things they say and do that make my life sunny.

In January: As a family, we delivered some food for the Utah Food Bank for Family Home Evening one day. Our cute, animal loving, little jabber box, Mia, asked all the people we delivered to, "Do you have a cat, dog or chinchilla?"
Nobody had a chinchilla...or a cat.

Later that month I caught Faith picking her nose and told her to go get a tissue. She said, "It's okay mom, i'll just put it back in."


In February: At lunch one day, while eating her Mac, Mia held up one finger and said, "Mom, I have a hypothesis:  Jesus died so we can live."

Yesterday Faith was frustrated with me for putting together a surprise Valentine's Day dinner for Tony at her request, and for not inviting all of her neighborhood friends.  She said, "You grown ups never let us have fun.  You ruin everything."
I document this one just to have something to show her when she's an underappreciated mom, bless her.
Later she said "Did you know I have a nerd that connects my eyeball to my brain? I read about it in a book."  She's a sharp kid, which makes her misspeak even funnier.

2 comments:

L said...

Your girls crack me up! Post all you want about them.

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

that last comment made me laugh so hard!!! kids are so cute!!!