Monday, August 9, 2010

Dinner with a Champion

I loved watching Tony play soccer when we were newlyweds...including Tony's favorite soccer memory of when I, as he tells it, almost got into a fight in the stands.  And if you've ever seen me do "Ken Po" you know how that'd turn out.
Then we had kids.  Tony still played soccer and I would still attend the games, but soon realized it wasn't a fight with the other fans, but a fight to entertain my girls and keep them from running onto the field.  It became obvious that I no longer had the luxury of watching his games.
We were so excited when we first heard Real Salt Lake was coming to town and quickly bought season tickets.  We have loved following the team and players and had so much fun this last year watching them win the chamionship.  Thanks to Tony's job with Key Bank we were invited, last March, to a dinner at the stadium and got to sit with one of the players.

With Will Johnson

0 comments: