Thursday, December 18, 2008

Is That What You're Wearing?

As a parent I have learned that there are some battles that just aren't worth it. For example, I let my girls dress themselves in most cases and I won't say a word about what they wear, unless it's winter and they want to wear a swimsuit. Just the other day we were getting ready to run some quick Christmas errands so I had on black fleece pants and a red long sleeved shirt. When Faith saw me she asked "Is that what you're wearing"? I said "yes" and she replies "oh no".
My first thought was "have I just entered the "I'm too good for my parents" stage already? She's 5 for the love"! I laughed, but did not change my clothes. A few minutes later Mia comes out in the outfit featured below (red top on backwards, pink pants, brown poka dot skirt, and snow boots) and Faith says "I love your outfit Mia"!
Was this a glimpse into the future? Probably, but after some thought I've decided that it's Tony's fault. Did you see the sweater he wore to his work Christmas party? Or maybe we're all just a bunch of jokers?

2 comments:

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

kids are so funny ;) even at the young age my kids are, they have started putting their own outfits together already, too. it's cute to see what they come up with. i can't wait until they can talk to me and comment on the stuff i wear. it'll be interesting to see...

audrey said...

That is hillarious!