It started out with Tony telling me he had tickets to The Jazz v Raptors game that he'd gotten from work. Not only that, but he had to bring a client. "Yipee" (where's the sarcastic button on this thing?) I thought. Then, he says there's a dinner before and his client would be Jason White or Whitey and his wife Annie-our long time friends and now clients of Tony's. I was excited to see the White's and started starving myself early that day in order to prepare for dinner, but "who cares about The Jazz" thought I.
Here we are after dinner...it was well worth starving for, and it was served in one of the upper rooms overlooking the arena. Okay, it was pretty cool, but now on to find our seats on the top row.
What is this, you might ask? Apparently T had neglected to tell me we were on the third row. So no, there wasn't a hike up to our seats, but an elevator down to the arena floor. They were announcing the team behind us when Whitey took this pic. Was I really going to be that close to Deron Williams?
Monday, December 8, 2008
Ughh, Do I HAVE To Go...No Wait, Was That D Will?
And here it is....this is what the game was like for me. The world would spin out of control in fast forward, except for D Will, who moved in slow motion. It was like a dream (or a bad camera) and I was in Heaven.
At half time, Annie and I joined our girls-the Jazz Dancers, on the floor and shook what our mama's gave us. Yea, we're pretty talented. I'm sure that's why all those people were laughing..JPG)
This topped the whole night off perfectly. As we were slowly leaving D Will came running right toward me to scoop me up in his arms and tell me all about his great game. Oh, wait, that was a dream. He did run toward me, but just because we were right next to ESPN's desk. This is me trying to whisper sweet nothings into D Will's ears (if only he didn't have headphones on!) during his post game interview...all while some angry ESPN chick tried to get me to move out of their shot. Well, at least my hands and arms were on ESPN. I'm pretty much famous now.
This was the story of a girl who only went for the food, but had an AWESOME night watching basketball. Thanks Whitey, Annie and especially T...I love you even more than D Will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great time Tony and Shannan! I'm looking into getting life size replica of that photo of Miles butt for your Christmas present. Great times, thanks again.
So tell me, is he as cute in real life as he is on TV? I have the biggest crush on D Will, Chad thinks it's so funny. He took me to a game, too, last month and I was so excited to see D Will play, only to find out that he was sitting the game out. Great! But I did get to see him in his regular clothes during half time and boy was he handsome!!! Apparently my brother-in-law goes to the same barber shop as he does and they see each other there all the time. Needless to say I am taking Isaiah to get a haircut next week Tuesday. D Will better be there!!!!!
I knew you'd eventually see the light and become a jazz fan. Now if we can just get D Will to play for
BYU you"ll have to become a Cougar fan. Right?Gramcam
Post a Comment